Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This traditional Southern dish is delicious, and a favorite in any season.
- 24 oysters, shucked
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces beer
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 10 ounces seasoned fish fry
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons crab boil seasoning
- frying oil
- 4 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- Set deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Mix eggs, beer and Creole Mustard.
- Add oysters and set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Blend Fish Fry, corn meal and Crab Boil seasoning.
- Dredge oysters in mix.
- Fry for 2 minutes in deep fryer.
- Serve with horseradish mayonnaise.
- Horseradish Mayonnaise.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Serve immediately.