- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 dozen fresh oyster (shucked and drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 3" in a heavy Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Dredge oysters in mixture to coat.
- Fry oysters in batches until golden brown 3-4 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.