Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another great po'boy. My husband loves this one! Try and find a thick crusty French bread to make it more like the real ones we have in Louisiana. If you don't want to make po boys, just enjoy them fried.
- Place oysters and oyster liquor in large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the Seafood Magic® to oysters, stirring well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, corn flour, cornmeal and the remaining 1 tablespoon Seafood Magic®.
- Heat 2 inches or more of oil in deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375°F Drain oysters and then use a slotted spoon to toss them lightly and quickly in seasoned flour mixture (so oysters don't produce excess moisture, which cakes the flour); shake off excess flour and carefully slip each oyster into hot oil.
- Fry in single layer in batches just until crispy and golden brown, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes; do not overcook. (Adjust heat as needed to maintain temperature at about 375°). Drain on paper towels.
- Cut open French bread and bake in 350° oven for 3 minutes. Smear your favorite tarter sauce on bottom and top of French bread. On bottom half, load up the oysters--don't be stingy. Place lettuce and tomatoes on top bun; close and serve.
- Uou may have to gently press the bottom and top bread together to eat it better.