Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I LOVE fried oysters, made into a club sandwich...pure heaven!
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 pint oyster
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 12 slices tomatoes
- 18 slices toast
- Miracle Whip or mayonnaise, your preference
- Fry bacon til done, drain on paper towel, set aside.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Drain oysters, pat dry with paper towel.
- Toss in seasoned flour.
- Fry in bacon fat til browned on both sides turning only once.
- Takes about 5 minutes.
- Make 6 sandwiches arranging all between 3 slices of toast each.
- Cut corner to corner, hold each half together with a toothpick.
- Swiss, provolone, meunster, co-jack or pepper jack cheese is good on these, too!