1/1 Photo of Fried Onion Strips
Linda's Kitchen's Note:
Tasty variation of Onion Rings. I saw Sunny Anderson making these on Food Network, and finally tried them, they are Awesome! So much easier to eat than rings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in deep pan (about 1-inch) to 360 degrees.
- 2Combine buttermilk, egg, and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- 3Mix flour, cayenne,1 teaspoons salt and pepper in a bag.
- 4Peel the onions, after cutting off the top and bottom, halve the onion from top to bottom, placing cut side down, cut into 1/2 inch strips. Separate.
- 5Pat dry and dip in buttermilk mixture to coat.
- 6Transfer slices to bag and toss to coat.
- 7Deep-fry in batches until golden, about 2 minutes.
- 8Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- 9Sprinkle with sea salt.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Onion Strips
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 664.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g