1/1 Photo of Fried Okra With Crispy Parmesan Coating
This fried okra is very crispy. The Parmesan coating adds a nice flavor to the okra. Since there is no flour or cornmeal used in the recipe, it's perfect for a low carb diet .like Somersizing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and slice okra, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Beat egg in a shallow bowl.
- 3Place grated Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl.
- 4Pour okra into the beaten egg.
- 5Stir until every okra slice is wet from the egg.
- 6Remove with a slotted spoon, and place into the bowl with the Parmesan cheese.
- 7Stir until every okra slice is covered with cheese.
- 8Place oil in heavy pan to at least 2" in depth.
- 9(I use a deep fryer.) Heat until a single slice of coated okra dropped into the oil starts sizzling.
- 10Add the okra to the hot oil.
- 11Depending on the size of the pan, you may have to do this in two batches.
- 12Remove when the okra slices are golden brown and crispy.
- 13Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Okra With Crispy Parmesan Coating
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 421.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 13.7 g