Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I first had this at a sunday school dinner. Someone brought this for our yearly soup supper and we emptied the bowl. I think it is the oddest combination of ingredients to get something that tastes really good. If you like fried okra, give this a try.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen breaded okra
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped with the tops (green)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Fry bacon, drain.
- Cook okra until heated through in the same pan, drain.
- Put okra, crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, and diced tomato in a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients well and pour over okra mixture.
- Toss to coat and serve.
AWESOME recipe! Wasn't sure about it at first. But, after I started adding the ingredients together they really complimented each other and created a great dish. Definately will make again. Thank you for posting!
This was very good. It is best eaten the same day. We took it for lunch the next day and I definately preferred it the night before. Thanks for posting.
THIS RECIPE ROCKS!!!!!!!!! This has to be the best thing that ever went into my mouth. I grew up with wilted lettuce and the dressing tasted so much like what my mom used to make. I have a lot of okra right now in the garden so I fried my own (more flour than cornmeal and lots of Emeril's Essence). Everything just complimented each other so well. I predict that this recipe will have many 5 star ratings in the future! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe! By the way my husband and daughter grubbed up on it too! ;-)