1/6 Photos of Fried Okra
My grandma used to make us fried okra a lot when I was a child and I loved it. This version comes from the "Soul and Spice" cookbook. My family likes to eat the fried okra with ranch dressing or ketchup but it is equally good on its own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut okra into 1/2 inch rings.
- 2Combine cornmeal, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- 3Coat orka rings in the cornmeal mixture.
- 4Heat oil in a large skillet over meduim high heat.
- 5Fry coated okra rings 5-7 minutes until golden brown and tender. Be sure to turn the orka during cooking to ensure even doneness.
- 6Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Okra
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 310.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g