Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a neighbor years ago. Makes a good side dish.
- 1 package noodles, cooked
- bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- celery salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet.
- Cook noodles to where they are crispy.
- Add cabbage, fry with noodles, untill cabbage is tender, (may cover with lid for awhile.) Season with Celery salt and pepper.
I thought this was a 4* and my husband felt it was a 5*. Great taste. I just used fine noodles as it didn't stipulate what kind.
My mother made this often when I was a child. When the steel company was on strike, no meat. When Dad was working, Mom would add some cooked smoked sausage that was diced and add it in. MMmmmm, good!