Recipe by Lelandra
Star Wars fandom... This recipe has had a few changes in quantity and instruction, but is basically: http://www.gamersfridge.com/2012/03/fried-nerfsteak-with-peppered-gravey. I like to use Hungarian paprika.
- 4 cube steaks
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dry ingredients. I like to use a small 11x9 pan for dredging.
- Dredge the steaks through the flour mix. Let sit for 2 minutes then dredge again.
- Set remaining flour mix aside.
- Set heat to medium, place 2 tbs oil or butter in a pan and cook on each side for 3 minutes.
- Remove steaks from pan. Let pan cool. If you add the milk while the pan is still hot the milk will scorch.
- Add 2 cups of cold milk to pan.
- Use a whisk to stir the milk to get the crunchies off the bottom of the pan. (You might need to start scraping crunchies with something sturdier, like a metal spoon). After that is well incorporated, add a good shake of remaining flour mix and whisk inches When that is smoothly mixed, add another good shake. (A good shake is probably about 2 tbsp).
- Watch the heat - you need small bubbles but you don't want it to actually boil. Stir constantly until it thickens. Turn off heat. Put the steaks back in the gravy to serve.
- Place the steak on a plate and spoon the gravy over it.
- (If you want to make it Star Wars, add a drop of blue food coloring to make the "bantha milk" blue gravy.).