1/1 Photo of Fried Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers
Chef Sean #2's Note:
This is an easy side dish. It goes well with steak, this recipe is, as far as I know, my own. It was created by my mother, who when she married my father, hadn't had onions while my father hadn't had mushrooms. The pepper part is a latter addition, by me. As with any recipe calling for any type of pepper, feel free to substitute. For instance, if you like jalapenos, substitute 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers for the bell pepper(s).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon grease in the bottom of a medium fry pan, over medium heat.
- 2Once grease has melted, add mushrooms and onion.
- 3Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent, and mushrooms have given up most of their liquid, stirring approximately every 5 minutes.
- 4About 20 minutes prior to eating, add the pepper(s) and continue to cook stiring every 4 to 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g