Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this on alleasyrecipes.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. Finland Scandinavia
Make and share this Fried Mushrooms in Sour Cream (Paistetut Sienet) recipe from Food.com.
- In a heavy 10-12 inch stainless-steel or enamel skillet, melt 4 Tblsp. butter over moderate heat.
- When the foam subsides, add the chopped onions and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft and transparent but not brown.
- Now add the mushroom slices and cook another 3 to 5 minutes. Shake the pan from time to time so that the mushrooms do not stick.
- When the mushrooms are a light, delicate brown, sprinkle in the bread crumbs and toss the contents of the pan gently with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the sour cream with a wooden spoon or whisk for a minute or two, then stir it into the skillet. Toss lightly until the mushrooms are well coated with the cream.
- Serve as a vegetable accompaniment to meat or fish dishes.
Have to admit this did not do anything for us. I really think it was the bread crumbs. Made exactly as stated. Made for ZWT6. Voracious Vagabonds.
I have a mushroom farm under my house, and am always looking for ways to use up my crop. This is delicious and so quick and easy-to-make. It makes a big difference to 'whip' the sour cream before adding it to the mushrooms. We warmed up leftovers in the microwave the next day, and that worked just fine. Thanks for a lovely and simple recipe.
This was stroganoff-like. My husband and kids hated this, but they aren't mushroom lovers like I am. I loved it, but it didn't go over well with the family, so only three stars.