Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is native to Poland. Very easy to make and delectable.
- 1 lb small fresh mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- dried basil or thyme
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- Dip mushrooms into beaten egg.
- Coat mushrooms with bread crumbs seasoned with salt and pepper, basil or thyme.
- Cook mushrooms and onion in butter in skillet, turning occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
Very tasty mushrooms! Some of mine were somewhat large so I halved them. I used both basil and thyme to season the breadcrumbs and really liked the extra flavor that sauteing with the onions added. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2013 event, recommended by Debbwl
Delicious! I halved some larger mushrooms and added both dried basil and thyme to the breadcrumbs. Loved 'em and will be making these again. Thanks for posting the recipe.
These were good, if a little messy to make.