Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Deep fried and delicious. We were at Krogers a few years ago and they were making these, We got the recipe and have made them off and on for years. Easy and really good.
- HEAT OIL IN DEEP FRYER TO 375 DEGREES.
- OR IN A SKILLET DEEP ENOUGH TO COVER AND FRY MUSHROOMS
- MIX PANCAKE MIX WITH WATER.
- DIP MUSHROOMS ONE AT A TIME INTO PANCAKE MIX, COATING WELL.
- DEEP FRY TILL GOLDEN BROWN ABOUT 5 MINUTES AND DRAIN ON PAPER TOWELS.
- YOU CAN USE ANY COMPLETE PANCAKE MIX. MRS. BUTTERWORTHS, AUNT JAMIMA OR ANY OTHER. IF YOU NEED MORE BATTER JUST MIX IT TO PACKAGE DIRECTIONS.
- Number of servings varies depending on amount of mushrooms in package. You can also fry Cauliflower or Onions the same way.
This was great. My husband thought it was wonderful. I"m going to try it on chicken next. I added parsley, salt, pepper and onion powder for some flavor.