1/7 Photos of Fried Mushrooms
At my house, we don't like those fried mushrooms that are black and slimy where the breading slides easily off. This recipe is just a very crisp breading on a fresh mushroom. They'll 'pop' when you cut into them they are so fresh. Panko breadcrumbs are a polished bread crumb that you can find in an Asian market or the International section of your favorite food store and they make just a wonderful crunchier coating, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- 2Add water to make a batter.
- 3Dip clean mushroom into batter letting excess batter drip off.
- 4I find it easier to stick a toothpick into the mushroom to dip it.
- 5After dipping into batter roll in Panko breadcrumbs to coat.
- 6Deep fry in oil until golden.
- 7We like to serve with cocktail sauce.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 821.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 16.9 g