Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from Wonderful Ways to Prepare Italian Food.
Top Review by kittycatmom
I made these lovely little gems for lunch today. I added tomato and basil - as suggested by another reviewer. Delicious! Fresh mozzarella is a MUST for this wonderful and easy sandwich. I used my Foreman grill so brushed the grill with garlic butter. I will be making this often! Thanks Sam, great recipe!!! Made for PRMR Tag April 2009
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 8 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs, salt, pepper and milk.
- Make 4 sandwiches of the Mozzarella and stale bread.
- Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- Press edges together.
- Heat oil to high heat.
- Fry sandwiches on both sides until golden brown.
- Drain and serve immediately.