Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a unique appetiser and snack from the Weekend magazine. Cheese lovers, this one's for you!
- 300 g mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- oil, to fry
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cheese into 2 1/2 inch length and 3/4 inch thickness.
- Keep aside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix well until smooth.
- Mix in salt, black pepper and thyme.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Dip the cheese cubes one by one in the batter.
- Then roll them one by one in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the cubes now in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove onto clean paper kitchen napkins to drain out excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.