Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Not a dieter's dish, but definately a nice/easy appetizer for a small party. Serve with a little tomato sauce for dipping. Kids love these!!
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- oil, for deep frying (preferrably olive oil)
- 2 eggs
- flour, seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- Italian style breadcrumbs
- Heat oil to 360 degrees.
- While the oil is heating, beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Press cheese slices into the flour, coating them evenly with a thin layer of flour.
- Shake off any excess.
- Dip them into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Dip them once more into the egg and then back into the breadcrumbs.
- Fry immediately in the hot oil until golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- Drain quickly on paper towels, and serve hot.
Tastes great, I've made these twice now and its AWESOME! Restaurant quality! Very good, will definitely make again!
"DELICIOUS!" I made these tonight for a lil get-together, and I couldn't keep up! We didnt have the olive oil, so I used a reg. deep-fryer w/ veg. oil,and it worked great. I'd like to try the coating next time on fish! Thanks for a great recipe!