Recipe by Chippie1
Not a dieter's dish, but definately a nice/easy appetizer for a small party. Serve with a little tomato sauce for dipping. Kids love these!!
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- oil, for deep frying (preferrably olive oil)
- 2 eggs
- flour, seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- Italian style breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to 360 degrees.
- While the oil is heating, beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Press cheese slices into the flour, coating them evenly with a thin layer of flour.
- Shake off any excess.
- Dip them into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Dip them once more into the egg and then back into the breadcrumbs.
- Fry immediately in the hot oil until golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- Drain quickly on paper towels, and serve hot.