Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Use vanilla or other flavors if you prefer.
- Scoop out 4 or 5 balls of ice cream, return to freezer.
- Mix cornflake crumbs, cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll frozen ice cream balls in half the crumb mixture and freeze again.
- Beat egg and dip coated balls in egg, then roll again in remaining crumbs.
- Freeze until ready to use.
- For thicker coating, repeat dipping in egg and rolling in crumbs.
- When ready to serve, heat oil to 450°F
- Place a frozen ice cream ball in fryer basket or on a perforated spoon and lower into the hot oil for 1 minute.
- Immediately remove and place in dessert compote. Drizzle with honey and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Continue to fry ice cream balls one at a time. Balls will be crunchy on the outside and just beginning to melt on the inside.