My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use vanilla or other flavors if you prefer.
- 2Scoop out 4 or 5 balls of ice cream, return to freezer.
- 3Mix cornflake crumbs, cinnamon and sugar.
- 4Roll frozen ice cream balls in half the crumb mixture and freeze again.
- 5Beat egg and dip coated balls in egg, then roll again in remaining crumbs.
- 6Freeze until ready to use.
- 7For thicker coating, repeat dipping in egg and rolling in crumbs.
- 8When ready to serve, heat oil to 450°F
- 9Place a frozen ice cream ball in fryer basket or on a perforated spoon and lower into the hot oil for 1 minute.
- 10Immediately remove and place in dessert compote. Drizzle with honey and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 11Continue to fry ice cream balls one at a time. Balls will be crunchy on the outside and just beginning to melt on the inside.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Mexican Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 132.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g