Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Fried Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a heavy, thick frying pan until a droplet of water evaporates immediately if you flick it inches (DO NOT put any oil or fat of any sort in the pan, the potatoes WILL stick if you do).
- Tip in your mashed potatoes and spread out to cover the pan base.
- Cook on a medium heat and turn and shake occasionally.
- Turn over in parts (it isn't like an omelette, don't worry if it breaks).
- Keep frying until you have a solid crispy shell around it and a nice creamy center.
- Enjoy with a spicy tomato sauce or ketchup and mayonnaise.
My mon made a similar receipe, she called them potato pancakes. Just add onions an egg and shape them like small pancakes very good!
Baby this was so good. And what a good idea for those left over mashed potatoes! I hate to throw them out, but they just ain't good the next day!
yummy!!! i used no-cheese mashed potatoes, and after one side was done, i flipped them over and put cheddar and swiss cheese on top ... mmmmmmmm