Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was craving the batter from fried chicken and this hit the spot! As far as the butter and milk needed, you have to eye ball it because potatoes vary. Just add a little at a time until they start sticking together.
- 226.79 g Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix (the small pack, I do not know what size it is, I guessed)
- 59.14 ml nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml soymilk
- 236.59 ml oil (adjust to cover 1/4-inch of your pan)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 59.14 ml vegan butter
- 59.14 ml soymilk or 59.14 ml rice milk, for mashing
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Mix dressing packet, flour, and yeast in one bowl.
- Pour milk in another.
- When potatoes are done, drain and add butter and milk. You can add salt and pepper if you like.
- You do not want these to be too creamy, they need to be somewhat firm.
- Heat the oil.
- Take 2 spoonfuls potato and form into a ball.
- Put in milk bowl, then put into flour bowl. Repeat.
- Place in oil and roll around until done.
- Drain on a paper towel.