I was craving the batter from fried chicken and this hit the spot! As far as the butter and milk needed, you have to eye ball it because potatoes vary. Just add a little at a time until they start sticking together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix (the small pack, I do not know what size it is, I guessed)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup oil (adjust to cover 1/4-inch of your pan)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup soymilk or 1/4 cup rice milk, for mashing
- 1Boil potatoes until soft.
- 2Mix dressing packet, flour, and yeast in one bowl.
- 3Pour milk in another.
- 4When potatoes are done, drain and add butter and milk. You can add salt and pepper if you like.
- 5You do not want these to be too creamy, they need to be somewhat firm.
- 6Heat the oil.
- 7Take 2 spoonfuls potato and form into a ball.
- 8Put in milk bowl, then put into flour bowl. Repeat.
- 9Place in oil and roll around until done.
- 10Drain on a paper towel.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Mashed Potato Nuggets (Fried Chicken Coating)
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.5
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix