Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb macaroni
- 3 -4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lb margarine or 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook macaroni in water and the salt until tender.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter or margarine, pour the well drained macaroni into the skillet.
- Beat the eggs as for scrambled, pour this over the macaroni.
- Fry on medium heat.
- Add the shredded cheese over the top and cook until the eggs, macaroni, and cheese are all blended and a golden brown on both sides.
A totally new take on mac and cheese, and I'm convinced this may possibly be the BEST version I've had yet. At our house we are always fighting over the hard crunchy bits, and this way ensures that there is enough, more than enough, for everyone! I actually combined everything together, macaroni, eggs and cheese, and fried up little pan-fulls, so everyone had an individual portion. Those of us who like more crust had more crust, those of us who like it more soft and pillowy, well... you get the picture. My only change to the recipe was to add a healthy dose of paprika and some freshly ground black pepper. Troy, where has this recipe been all my life?
Well I don't know if it was my ingredients or my cooking technique, but this just did not come out the way I expected. I added some parmesan cheese as well but still found this to be quite bland. I think it would be better baked in the oven. Sorry Troy.
This wasn't my favorite macaroni and cheese. My son liked it a lot, but I didn't think it had much flavor. I would say that it needs some additional spices. I probably won't try it again. Sorry Troy.