Top Review by Mirj
A totally new take on mac and cheese, and I'm convinced this may possibly be the BEST version I've had yet. At our house we are always fighting over the hard crunchy bits, and this way ensures that there is enough, more than enough, for everyone! I actually combined everything together, macaroni, eggs and cheese, and fried up little pan-fulls, so everyone had an individual portion. Those of us who like more crust had more crust, those of us who like it more soft and pillowy, well... you get the picture. My only change to the recipe was to add a healthy dose of paprika and some freshly ground black pepper. Troy, where has this recipe been all my life?
- 1 lb macaroni
- 3 -4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lb margarine or 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in water and the salt until tender.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter or margarine, pour the well drained macaroni into the skillet.
- Beat the eggs as for scrambled, pour this over the macaroni.
- Fry on medium heat.
- Add the shredded cheese over the top and cook until the eggs, macaroni, and cheese are all blended and a golden brown on both sides.