1/7 Photos of Fried Macaroni and Cheese
KISS THE COOK's Note:
As if macaroni and cheese wasnt fattening enough already!!! lol! It really is worth it though! I saw this on food network a while ago. Always KISS THE COOK!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- leftover prepared macaroni and cheese, refrigerated for at least overnight (should not be from the box type)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, preferably Japanese panko
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1Cut refrigerated macaroni and cheese into slices or bite size pieces.
- 2Season the flour with cayenne, salt,and pepper.
- 3Dredge each piece through the flour mixture and gently tap off extra.
- 4Dip in the egg wash and then coat with the bread crumbs.
- 5Allow them to rest for 5 minutes so the crust can set.
- 6Very carefully drop into the oil and fry until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towels for a few minutes or place on a rack with a cookie sheet underneath.
- 9(I like mine with hot sauce! but use your imagination or enjoy as is!).
- 10In a few days, go to the doctors to check your cholestorol.
- 11Repeat as needed! Lol just kidding! (Well really i'm not).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 507.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g