Recipe by KISS THE COOK
As if macaroni and cheese wasnt fattening enough already!!! lol! It really is worth it though! I saw this on food network a while ago. Always KISS THE COOK!
Top Review by American Bachelor Chef
Fun recipe. I found the flour and bread crumbs over-proportioned compared to the egg wash, which disappeared fast into the sponge-like flour-coated mac and cheese. Using the recommended measurements I made 16 1-inch cubes and ran out of egg wash, but had tons of flour and bread crumbs left over.
- leftover prepared macaroni and cheese, refrigerated for at least overnight (should not be from the box type)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, preferably Japanese panko
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut refrigerated macaroni and cheese into slices or bite size pieces.
- Season the flour with cayenne, salt,and pepper.
- Dredge each piece through the flour mixture and gently tap off extra.
- Dip in the egg wash and then coat with the bread crumbs.
- Allow them to rest for 5 minutes so the crust can set.
- Very carefully drop into the oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels for a few minutes or place on a rack with a cookie sheet underneath.
- (I like mine with hot sauce! but use your imagination or enjoy as is!).
- In a few days, go to the doctors to check your cholestorol.
- Repeat as needed! Lol just kidding! (Well really i'm not).