Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you want something different, and love pasta, you'll like this. I can't take credit for this, it was made up by my Mom one day when she wanted something different to eat. She was an an amazing cook. I had her make it many more times. Thank goodness I had her teach me this one, many other's I wish I'd paid better attention to.
- 4-6 slice bacon
- 236.59-354.88 ml elbow macaroni
- garlic powder, your taste
- salt, your taste
- pepper, your taste
- Fry bacon, remove from pan, set aside to drain.
- Boil drain, and rinse macaroni.
- Return macaroni to frying pan with bacon grease, cruble bacon and add to macaroni.
- I never bother to drain off any grease unless the bacon was extremely fatty.
- Sprinkle to taste with garlic powder,.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Give it all a good stir, cover and simmer on low for at least 10min or so to give flavor's time to meld, and macaroni to reheat and fry a bit.
- Walla! Great fried macaroni.
Made as given, though I seasoned it with lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! Easy to make & a great new way for me to serve up macaroni! Definitely a recipe worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
I made this using elbow macaroni and 4 slices of bacon. I really liked how quick this was to make and how good it tasted. I'll definitely make this often. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
Fast and easy comfort food! I used the precooked bacon so added a little margarine to fry it and the pasta in. I used whole wheat rotini and loved it with the salty bacon and garlic. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012