1/1 Photo of Fried Macaroni
If you want something different, and love pasta, you'll like this. I can't take credit for this, it was made up by my Mom one day when she wanted something different to eat. She was an an amazing cook. I had her make it many more times. Thank goodness I had her teach me this one, many other's I wish I'd paid better attention to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon, remove from pan, set aside to drain.
- 2Boil drain, and rinse macaroni.
- 3Return macaroni to frying pan with bacon grease, cruble bacon and add to macaroni.
- 4I never bother to drain off any grease unless the bacon was extremely fatty.
- 5Sprinkle to taste with garlic powder,.
- 6Salt & pepper to taste.
- 7Give it all a good stir, cover and simmer on low for at least 10min or so to give flavor's time to meld, and macaroni to reheat and fry a bit.
- 8Walla! Great fried macaroni.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 136.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g