Recipe by Iron Woman
This is my favorite Filipino food (besides the barbecue skewers). Serve this with rice and use sweet and sour sauce or vinegar with crushed black pepper and fresh garlic as a dipping sauce.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup chopped water chestnut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- salt (as needed)
- pepper (as needed)
- vegetable oil
- 50 fresh spring roll wrappers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the filling ingredients in large bowl. To test the filling, fry a spoonful in a pan with a little oil, and taste to determine if seasonings need adjustment.
- To roll, place wrapper in front of you with the corners turned so it forms a diamond rather than a square.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling on the quarter of the wrapper nearest you and roll the point away from you and around the filling, folding in the sides and pinching them together as the filling rolls past them.
- As you complete the roll seal the edges with water.
- Repeat until all the wrappers and filling has been used up.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or the vinegar with crushed black pepper and fresh garlic.