Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple and different way to serve liver. Liver is full of goodness. The recipe will be good with lambs, pigs or chicken livers. If using chicken livers be gentle as they are more likely to break apart than the other livers. A cheap dish to serve with a curry.
- 453.59 g liver, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4.92 ml ready made mustard
- 9.85 ml oil
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard, stir well to blend them together, add the onion and fry till just golden.
- Mix together the turmeric, chilli powder, black pepper, salt and the ginger with a little milk to make a thin paste.
- Coat the liver with the spice mix and add to the pan with the garlic. Cover the pan and cook over low heat till the liver is tender.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
This was EXCELLENT! I've been making chicken livers with a flour, salt, black pepper and curry powder coating for 15 years and this was a nice spice mix. The mustard curdled in the oil but mixed well once the onion was added. I used coconut milk in step 2. The ginger was left out of the instructions but I added it with the other spices in step 2. VERY TASTY and a KEEPER.
I need more stars to rate this! 5 seems to be a low score. What an awesome recipe, super quick and easy to make. Best lamb's liver I ever tasted. This recipe will definitely become a regular in our house. Served this with aromatic rice.
Just what I was looking for - a simply curry recipe to try with liver. I was very pleased with the spices and resulting flavor. I doubled the recipe to use 1lb of chicken and 1lb of beef liver that I had on hand. Also I added a little cornstarch to the liver in addition to the seasonings, and about 1/2 lb carrots and 1/2 lb potatoes. Served over Thai jasmine rice. Will certainly make this again, but next time I will mince the the liver next time - the kids were all clamoring for a bowl until one figured out the "beef and chicken curry" was "beef (liver) and chicken (liver) curry. :-)