1/2 Photos of Fried Lemon-Rosemary Tilapia
1 hr 42 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #1188379's Note:
Southern Living Comfort Foods Cookbook - I despise catfish so I subsititued Tilapia in its place.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon slice, fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1Grate lemon rind from lemon, avoiding the pale bitter pith, into a large bowl; squeeze lemon juice into bowl.
- 2Stir in milk and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- 3Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Add fillets to lemon mixture in bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- 5Place cornmeal on a large plate or in a large shallow dish.
- 6Turn fillets in lemon mixture until thoroughly coated; dredge in cornmeal, coating evenly.
- 7Cook fillets in hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 8Remove from skillet.
- 9Garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Lemon-Rosemary Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.2
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 146.4 mg
- Sodium 126.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 33.8 g