Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Southern Living Comfort Foods Cookbook - I despise catfish so I subsititued Tilapia in its place.
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon slice, fresh rosemary sprigs
- Grate lemon rind from lemon, avoiding the pale bitter pith, into a large bowl; squeeze lemon juice into bowl.
- Stir in milk and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add fillets to lemon mixture in bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place cornmeal on a large plate or in a large shallow dish.
- Turn fillets in lemon mixture until thoroughly coated; dredge in cornmeal, coating evenly.
- Cook fillets in hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove from skillet.
- Garnish, if desired.
Delicious fish recipe! There is so much flavor from the lemon/garlic/rosemary mixture and it still shines through even with the cornmeal coating. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for the Best of 2012 event, recommended by Mikekey
Excellent recipe. Lots of flavor from the "marinade" mixture, which also keeps the cornmeal on the fish. Wouldn't change a thing.