Recipe by kristiesnell
Southern Living Comfort Foods Cookbook - I despise catfish so I subsititued Tilapia in its place.
Top Review by loof
Delicious fish recipe! There is so much flavor from the lemon/garlic/rosemary mixture and it still shines through even with the cornmeal coating. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for the Best of 2012 event, recommended by Mikekey
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon slice, fresh rosemary sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate lemon rind from lemon, avoiding the pale bitter pith, into a large bowl; squeeze lemon juice into bowl.
- Stir in milk and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add fillets to lemon mixture in bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place cornmeal on a large plate or in a large shallow dish.
- Turn fillets in lemon mixture until thoroughly coated; dredge in cornmeal, coating evenly.
- Cook fillets in hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove from skillet.
- Garnish, if desired.