Recipe by Brian Holley
Here is a good way to cook liver. Liver is very cheap, use lambs liver or chicken liver as it is tender. A good second dish to go with a curry. We all like this dish it goes well with rice.
- 1⁄2 lb liver, cut into slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden.
- Combine all of the spices with the salt and a little water to make a paste.
- Rub the spice paste into the liver and add it to the pan with the garic.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the tomatoes.