Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A non typical exotic dish in the United States.
- 1 lamb, brain
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, separated
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place lamb brains in a bowl with cold water for at least 2 hours. Change the water every half hour, until the brains are thoroughly cleansed.
- Place brains in a saucepan with fresh water, add onions, salt, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Bring to a boil and then immediately remove the brains and place in a paper towel to drain.
- Cut into four pieces and season with a little olive-oil, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Roll the brains in flour, dip in egg, and fry in a skillet with oil, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes.