1/1 Photo of Fried Lamb Brains
A non typical exotic dish in the United States.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place lamb brains in a bowl with cold water for at least 2 hours. Change the water every half hour, until the brains are thoroughly cleansed.
- 2Place brains in a saucepan with fresh water, add onions, salt, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- 3Bring to a boil and then immediately remove the brains and place in a paper towel to drain.
- 4Cut into four pieces and season with a little olive-oil, lemon juice, and parsley.
- 5Roll the brains in flour, dip in egg, and fry in a skillet with oil, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Lamb Brains
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 1236.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: