Recipe by carolinafan
Nice appetizer when you want to turn the heat up and kick it up a notch or two. Be sure to wear rubber or plastic gloves when handling hot peppers.
- 2 (12 ounce) jarswhole jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) jar olive-pimento cheese spread
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off stems and remove seeds from peppers. Stuff with cheese spread. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of flour, 2 tablespoons cornmeal, salt, pepper and buttermilk until smooth; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine remaining flour and cornmeal.
- Dip stuffed peppers into buttermilk batter; then dredge in flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375*. Fry peppers, two or three at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.