- 1 lb monterey jack cheese or 1 lb jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- vegetable oil
- salsa, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cheese into rectangular sticks or one inch cubes.
- Place the cheese pieces in a bowl and pour the milk over the cheese, coating thoroughly.
- Remove cheese from milk and coat with flour.
- Quickly dip in milk again and roll each piece in bread crumbs.
- In a medium to large saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to med-high heat.
- Quickly fry a few pieces of cheese at a time, about 1 minute or until golden.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.