Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Idlis are cut into fingers, deep fried, stir fried and tossed with veggies.
- 6 steamed indian rice cakes
- 2 onions
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 capsicum
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons kashmiri chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 green chilies
- First cut the idlis into finger size pieces.
- Deep fry these fingers to golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a wok.
- Once it is hot add the onions which are sliced lengthwise.
- Fry them till transparent.
- Now add the tomatoes which are sliced slightly but thick lengthwise.
- Toss for a minute then add capsicum sliced lengthwise; stir for a minute on a very flame.
- Now mix in chilli powder, haldi, coriander powder and garam masala. Fry for a minute.Add half of the chopped coriander, the fried fingers, salt. Keep tossing it over high flame for a minute then add the tomato juice mix well.
- Toss for a minute more. Remove from flame and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve this hot garnished with remaining coriander, lemon wedges and slit green chillies.
- The kashmiri chilli powder is added so as to give the dish a nice red color.