Recipe by Nurse Amanda
My SIL makes this and we all LOVE it! She usually tops it with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. It is SO good with the crispy cereal, crunchy coconuts, and creamy ice cream! Prep time is the active time it takes to make the dessert and the cooking time is the freezing time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients except ice cream and place on cookie sheet lined with tin foil.
- Place pan in oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Layer 2/3 of the mixture into a 9x13 pan and press into the bottom.
- Top with ice cream and smooth out.
- Top with remaining mixture.
- Place pan into freezer for 8 hours.
- Slice into squares, serve, and enjoy!