Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is easier than some for Fried Ice Cream because of the convenience of refrigerated pie pastry. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- oil, for deep-fat frying
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Unroll pastry onto an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Place pastry in a large resealable plastic bag; coarsely crush. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Using a 1/2 cup ice cream scoop, form eight scoops of ice cream. Roll in pastry crumbs. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375. Fry ice cream balls for 8-10 seconds or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels. Immediately place in chilled bowls; drizzle with honey and serve.