Recipe by tawanasue
Quick top of stove cornbread that is good with soups, stews, beans, peas, etc. My daddy used to make it when he would make his corned beef hash soup or red beans and rice.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornmeal and flour in mixing bowl.
- Pour in boiling water (may need to add a little more to make mixture stick together.
- Stir well.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat iron skillet or griddle and add enough oil to cover bottom of skillet.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into hot skillet.
- Brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel and serve while still hot.