Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
According to Martha - "These crunchy thyme-flecked nuts are delicious served with sherry and slices of manchego cheese." Taken from Martha Stewart and posted for ZWT. These morsels are perfect for your next tapas party.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups whole blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add almonds and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in thyme leaves. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet, and let cool completely.
- Almonds can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
A charming new twist to almonds that is perfect for last minute snack. These are great on their own but pair so well with cheese and grapes. Thanks for the great post.
This is great! The thyme snapped, crackled & popped when I added it to the pan! Simple & tasty! Made for ZWT8 Chefs Gone Wild!
A quick and easy snack to prepare and so tasty. Thanks for posting.