Montana Heart Song's Note:
You must use olive oil and evaporated milk only. The hashbrowns will be brown on each side but almost a rich scalloped potato taste in the middle.. It is very simple with these four ingredients and paprika and salt and pepper. The potatoes seem to brown evenly and the flavor is distributed throughout the dish by mixing in a bowl before frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If the hashbrown potatoes are frozen, thaw.
- 2In large mixing bowl, add the potatoes.
- 3Add the olive oil,dried chopped onions and 2 tsps paprika.into the potatoes.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Then add the evaporated milk. Mix again.
- 6Place a large non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
- 7Pour the potato mixture into the skillet and flatten the top with a spatula.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 9Cook 4-5 minutes on medium high heat.
- 10Start turning in sections so the browned portiona are now on top,.
- 11Flatten the top with your spatula.
- 12Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 13Cook another 4 minutes, medium heat.
- 14Take off the heat, let set about 5 minutes. Cut in pie wedges.
- 15Serve with a salad for a meatless meal or serve with poultry, fish, beef or eggs. (I have counted the set time in the cooking time.).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Hashrowns With Olive Oil, Milk & Onions
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.9
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g