Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There's something irresistible about the salty, slightly rubbery texture of halloumi cheese. In this very simple recipe, the cheese is simply sliced and fried with caraway seeds. It's great with salad, or as part of a meze table.
- 225 g halloumi cheese (a standard block)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 lemon
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Meanwhile, slice the halloumi into six even slices.
- When the oil is hot, lay the halloumi slices in a single layer and scatter on the caraway seeds.
- Cook until the halloumi is brown, then turn over and continue cooking until brown on the other side.
- Remove from the pan and put on a serving plate, squeezing a little lemon juice over the cheese. Serve hot.
Enjoyed by all.
I love Halloumi and this recipe is no exception, absolutely loved the addition of the caraway seeds, it gives the cheese a deep, sharp flavor, taking you somewhere exotic. I couldn't stop eating the halloumi, but did save enough to put in a grilled sandwich. It was outstanding, next time I will add a little tomato and sweet onion to the sandwich. Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to try this in a salad.
Fried Halloumi reminds me of my mum's dishes. I didn't know what to expect with the caraway seeds but they really went well with the halloumi. Thank you for posting Syrinx