Recipe by Luschka
A Delia Smith recipe my hubby discovered. It's a cheese I love and this recipe, although unbelievably rich is one of my favorite!
Top Review by Sally S
I'm a big fan of halloumi so always looking for new variations to the theme. I thought the dressing was a bit "busy" with too many ingredients taking away the flavour from the halloumi. I would have preferred some balsamic dressing to offset the saltiness of the cheese. However, we thoroughly enjoyed experimenting with your recipe, hence the four stars!
- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons well-seasoned flour
For the dressing
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat cheese dry with kitchen paper.
- Using a sharp knife, slice it into 8 slices.
- Now prepare the dressing: Mash the capers slightly and mix in all other ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Go easy on the salt since halloumi is quite salty.
- When you're ready to serve the halloumi, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- When the oil is really hot, press each slice of cheese into seasoned flour to coat it on both sides.
- Add them to the hot pan and cook 1 min on each side. The color should be a nice golden brown.
- Serve them straight away with the dressing poured over and garnished with coriander.