1/2 Photos of Fried Halloumi Cheese With Lime and Caper Dressing
A Delia Smith recipe my hubby discovered. It's a cheese I love and this recipe, although unbelievably rich is one of my favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dressing
- 1Pat cheese dry with kitchen paper.
- 2Using a sharp knife, slice it into 8 slices.
- 3Now prepare the dressing: Mash the capers slightly and mix in all other ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Go easy on the salt since halloumi is quite salty.
- 4When you're ready to serve the halloumi, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- 5When the oil is really hot, press each slice of cheese into seasoned flour to coat it on both sides.
- 6Add them to the hot pan and cook 1 min on each side. The color should be a nice golden brown.
- 7Serve them straight away with the dressing poured over and garnished with coriander.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Halloumi Cheese With Lime and Caper Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.8
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 157.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar