Recipe by JustJanS
I love fried halloumi cheese. We can buy white balsamic condiment, but I don't know what to suggest as a substitute if you can't get it.
Top Review by Chef floWer
I had a block of Haloumi and wanted to make something that reminds me of my mums cooking. I made this for brunch and it was very yummy. I used dark balsamic vinegar and used baby capers as it was all I had at home. Thank you Jan
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- 300 g halloumi cheese
- plain flour, for dusting (all purpose)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Dry the cheese with paper towels and slice into 8.
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Dust the cheese slices in the flour and fry for 1 minute a side or until golden.
- Serve immediately with the dressing spooned over and some crusty bread.