- 2 lbs fresh greens, about 3 bunches (collard, mustard or turnip)
- 2 slices lean bacon, diced
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the greens, leaving droplets of water on the leaves. Remove any tough stems and tear leaves into bite-sized pieces. In a 12 inch nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until crisp; transfer to paper towels. Pour off all but 1 Tblsp. of the drippings. Add the red bell pepper and onion to the drippings and saute for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the greens and black pepper. Saute 10 minutes longer or until the greens are tender. Top with the bacon.