Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Traditional plate in all of the United States, with a sauce from New York
- 3 ripe green tomatoes
- 12 prawns
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or 1 pinch paprika
For the remoulade sauce
- 1⁄4 of a lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 green onion
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of chopped celery
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch black pepper
- To make the sauce, chop finely the green onion, garlic and celery, mix in a bowl and add the lime juice, mustard, ketchup and spices. Beat everything well.
- Clean the tomatoes and chop them into slices, about 5 cm thick.
- Season flour with the spices and dip the tomatoes in the flour, then egg and fry in a saucepan with abundant hot oil, until very well golden.
- Put the tomatoes on absorbent paper to eliminate excess of grease.
- Pell the prawns, season with a pinch of salt and grill on an iron skillet (or fry in a saucepan with a little bit of oil).
- Put on each platter three slices of tomato, three prawns and a bit of the remoulade sauce, the rest of the remoulade sauce is served apart on a saucer.