Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 large green tomatoes, sliced about 3/4 inch thick (8 center-cut slices)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups mesclun
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- In a shallow dish combine cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Coat both slices of tomato slices with cornmeal mixture. IN a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add tomato slices half at a time, cook about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once halfway through cooking and adding more oil if necessary. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining slices.
- In a medium bowl drizzle the mesclun with the 4 t olive oil and vinegar; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide mesclun mixture among 4 salad plates. Top with tomatoes.