Recipe by quick meal
Yet another recipe for fried green tomatoes. I love to eat fried green tomatoes in the summer time. This recipe gives them a bit of a twist and some added flavor.
- 2 green tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomatoes to desired thickness.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put buttermilk in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil over medium heat in skillet.
- Dip tomato slices in buttermilk. Dredge in flour mixture. Sh:ake off excess.
- Cook in oil 3-5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
- TIP: You can bread the tomatoes ahead of time and keep in fridge. Just put a little flour mix on bottom of bowl. Dip tomatoes in milk and put on top of flour in a single layer. Pour a little more of flour mix on top. You can make as many layers of this that you need. Keep in the fridge for up to 10 hours and fry just before serving.