Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good and Easy!
- 4 medium green tomatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Slice tomatoes 1/2 inch thick.
- Combine brown sugar and flour in shallow dish.
- Combine egg and milk in small bowl.
- Dip both sides of tomato slices in flour- sugar mixture.
- Dip slices in egg-milk mixture.
- Coat slices in bread crumbs. Cornflake crumbs work well also.
- Heat butter and oil in skillet over med-high heat, fry until brown on both sides. This doesn't take long. Watch carefully so butter doesn't burn. Salt and pepper to taste.