1/1 Photo of Fried Green Tomatoes
Slightly different from the others, very tasty for a summer bbq!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 2Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, garlic salt, red pepper and black pepper in pie plate or shallow bowl; mix well.
- 3Pour buttermilk into second pie plate or shallow bowl.
- 4Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Meanwhile, dip tomato slices into buttermilk, coating both sides.
- 6Immediately dredge slices in flour mixture; shake off excess flour mixture.
- 7Cook tomato slices in hot oil 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- 8Transfer to parchment paper or paper towels.
- 9Serve immediately with pepper sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Green Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.4
- Calories from Fat 666
- Total Fat 74.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 488.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g